for First Responders
Supporting your mental health and well-being the way you support your communities
Every day, first responders like yourself are exposed to strenuous situations and phenomena that most people don’t have to handle. As a result, your job can take a toll on your physical and mental well-being. Recent research has found that 69% of EMS providers report insufficient time between traumatic incidents, with many expected to be on duty up to and beyond 24 hours. And a 2022 study analysis of first responders found a high prevalence of depression, anxiety, and stress, as well as value in early assessment and management of mild anxiety, depression, and stress to prevent progression.
High levels of stress, physical demands, and inadequate or erratic sleep push your body and mind to the limit on a regular basis. It’s no surprise then that first responders struggle with anxiety, insomnia, depression, and pain. In fact, in 2021 Kaiser found that 85% of first responders had experienced mental health issues.
But because of the demands of your job, it might not make sense for you to take medications that could impair your ability to perform at your best. Or you may feel uncomfortable with the risk of medication side effects.
Alpha-Stim Offers First Responders a Safe, Drug-Free Solution
Thankfully for first responders, there is a safe, fast and effective way to treat your anxiety or relieve pain, without the worries of lasting side effects or risk of addiction.
Alpha-Stim is an FDA cleared, non-invasive handheld medical device that safely and effectively helps first responders with anxiety, insomnia, depression*, and acute, chronic, and post-traumatic pain. Alpha-Stim It fits in the palm of your hand, and its earclips are as small as earbuds, making treatment easy, discreet, and portable.
*FDA cleared for anxiety, insomnia and pain only, with approval for depression outside of the United States.
Drug-Free Treatment That Works
Alpha-Stim electrotherapy devices offer a cost-effective, drug-free option for treating anxiety, insomnia, and pain quickly and safely. Take charge of your life again today with Alpha-Stim.
Manage anxiety without medication anywhere, anytime.
Take back your nights with Alpha-Stim for treating insomnia.
A safe and effective way to treat depression without the side effects of drugs.
Alpha-Stim M is approved to treat acute, chronic, and post-traumatic pain.
What First Responders Say About Alpha-Stim
Alpha-Stim First Responder Research & News
- Platoni K, Oakley R, Haltiwanger SG, Kirsch TB, Marksberry J and Price LR. First responder research shows that electrical brain stimulation helps control anxiety, insomnia, and depression. JJ Psych Behav Sci. 2019; 6(1): 25-31.
- Mellen, Ronald R. and Mackey, Wade. Reducing sheriff’s officers’ symptoms of depression using cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES): a control experimental study. The Correctional Psychologist. 2009; 41(1):9-15.
- Mellen, Ronald R. and Mackey, Wade. Cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES) and the reduction of stress symptoms in a sheriff’s jail security and patrol officer population: a pilot study. American Jails. 2008; 22(5): 32-38.
Dayton Police Using Brain Stimulation To Reduce Stress
ABC News: Dayton officers using technology to treat stress, anxiety, PTSD
Get Alpha-Stim via a telehealth visit with a licensed healthcare provider
Purchase Alpha-Stim devices and accessories in our online store
Speak with a
representative on the
phone to learn more
- Huang G, Chu H, Chen R, Liu D, Banda KJ, O’Brien AP, Jen HJ, Chiang KJ, Chiou JF, Chou KR. Prevalence of depression, anxiety, and stress among first responders for medical emergencies during COVID-19 pandemic: A meta-analysis. J Glob Health. 2022 Jul 25;12:05028. doi: 10.7189/jogh.12.05028. PMID: 35871411; PMCID: PMC9309001.
- First Responder Mental Health and Wellness. (2021, November 15). Kaiser Permanente. https://business.kaiserpermanente.org/insights/mental-health-workplace/first-responder-support